Tactics chosen by the organizers immediately placed it as a protest movement, not revolutionary. Adbusters have been encouraging protestors to use tactical frivolity by improvising theatrics, pranks and "subversive performances".  The movement has been compared to the Situationists and the Protests of 1968.However, the movement was anti-capitalist in nature, specifically against finance capital and large corporations.
- "Elimination of the Corporate State" - most stupid phrase.
- Term Limits. Members of the United States House of Representatives shall be limited to serving no more than four two-year terms in their lifetime. Members of the United States Senate shall be limited to serving no more than two six-year terms in their lifetime.
- A Fair Tax Code. A complete reformation and simplification of the United States Tax Code to require ALL individuals and corporations to pay a fair share of a progressive, graduated income tax by eliminating loopholes, unfair tax breaks, exemptions and unfair deductions, subsidies and ending all other methods of evading income taxes.
- Health Care for All.
- Protection of the Planet.
- Debt Reduction.
- Jobs for All Americans.
- Student Loan Debt Refinancing.
- Ending Perpetual War for Profit. Also: Ending the War in Afghanistan and Care of Veterans.
- Emergency Reform of Public Education. The public education system in the United States is a resounding failure. New educational goals to train the American people to perform jobs in a 21st century economy, particularly in the areas of technology, infrastructure repair, language/communication, water, land and resource conservation, technologies to provide food and housing to the world’s homeless, prevention and treatment of diseases like malaria, diarrheal diseases, HIV/AIDS, lower respiratory infections/tuberculosis, and green energy must be mandated as a curriculum for national security. These targeted reforms must be accomplished by taking into consideration the redundancy caused by technology and the inexpensive cost of labor in China, India and other developing countries. No expense should be spared to recruit scientists and other professionals from all over the world to teach our students to be competitive in a rapidly changing global economy. Bonuses must be granted for merit performance and enticing the very best people to teach our children and replacing those teachers who are ineffective in the classroom. Our teachers work tirelessly and they are the key component to an American renaissance.
- End Outsourcing and Currency Manipulation.
- Increased regulation of Wall Street firms
- Foreclosure Moratorium, Mortgage Refinancing and Principle Write Downs.
- Ending the Electoral College and Enactment of Uniform Federal Election Rules in All of the States. The 99% demand the abolishment of the Electoral College in favor of the popular vote in presidential elections to avoid situations where the Electoral College elects a candidate who does not receive a majority of the popular vote.
- No Censorship of the Internet.
- Curtailing the Private Prison Industrial Complex.